Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

hi there i would like to talk with someone please ,ive had

hi there i would like to talk with someone please ,ive had a prblem thats been bothering me ver the last few days- its a mental health issue
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Customer:

hi there

Dr. Shahzad MD :

welcome

Dr. Shahzad MD :

can you please elaborate your problem for me.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Customer:

yes i will try ,i have been feeling really anxious over the last few days ,over something that happened n a social networking website

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Can you please explain a bit more.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

thanks

Customer:

you see i suffer from GAD ,i posted something on my page to do with someone i follow which they reposted but i think i have upset them because ive seen that they have liked a comment that says it has been removed,and now i keep thinking that i may have upset them and i dnt knw what to do.............

Customer:

my anxiety has been sky high ,and im making myself ill over it

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I understand that this is a difficult situation that you are in.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

But I think that the best way to calm your nerves is to try and talk to the person directly and let them/him/her know.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

and if apologize if they are upset for it.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Try to talk to him. Only talking about it will relieve your anxiety.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The more you keep these things inside you, the more anxious you will be.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you following me?

Customer:

yes i understand.. its hard though as they dnt follow me so im unable to send them a direct message,i can only talk to them openly on their wall

Customer:

which means everybody seeing the conversation

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Can't you send them a direct message?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I mean there is an option to send a message to someone.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If you have their phone number, you can maybe call them.

Customer:

can i be honest ??? im afraid to sort of tell you because i dnt want to sound compleatly silly

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You can be as honest as possible.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Trust me you won't sound silly to me.

Customer:

its a relative of someone on twitter who is in the celeb business,i posted a video of them which the relative retweeted,and i got a notification to say they had liked a comment t say the video had been remved.......but i checked and the video is still there and their tweet is still there

Dr. Shahzad MD :

ok

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please continue

Customer:

i realise it is compleatly silly and i am so embarrassed ,i feel really ashamed for admitting this ,but i needed to tell someone.im sorry

Customer:

i cant help feeling so paranoid about it

Customer:

please advise

Dr. Shahzad MD :

and its a tough situation

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I understand what you are going through.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

But if you think that what you did was not right then you should just talk to someone about it. It may not even be a person who is involved in this.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Try to share this problem with a friend you trust.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Try to take as much of this off your heart as possible.

Customer:

i have tried talking to my sister about it and she told me to not over think it ,she knows what i suffer with my anx ,and seems t think it was an honest mistake on their part

Dr. Shahzad MD :

It was an honest mistake I agree

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You should just let go of it.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I know its easier said than done.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you on anything for your anxiety at the moment?

Customer:

im sorry for sounding so strange ,i was really torturing myself over this ...you must think im very strange

Customer:

yes sertraline and mirtazapine

Dr. Shahzad MD :

No I do not think its strange

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Its something thats very common actually.

Customer:

is there anything yu could suggest to sort of help

Dr. Shahzad MD :

To reduce your anxiety you are already on two medications. You can try taking something like alprazolam (xanax) 0.5 mg to see if that helps relieving your anxiety a bit. Also try talking to someone whom you trust.

Customer:

i am in the process of starting some councelling

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes that is a very good thing to do actually

Dr. Shahzad MD :

That should help.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Any more questions?

Customer:

no that was it really,thank you for being so kind and for not judging me ,i really do apreciate it

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Take care
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below. I hope I provided excellent services.
Tip/bonus is always appreciated.
Good bye :)

Customer:

goodbye

Dr. Shahzad MD :

bye :)

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below.

Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine