DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am a 55 year old male & have been in a relationship for near

Customer Question

I am a 55 year old male & have been in a relationship for near on 30 years never married my partner, and it as only taken to me that for years I have been emotionally abused by her. I have only spoken to a trusted friend and have been looking information on internet which I have found several sites that but me in the belief that it is emotional abuse, such as.
I have now lost all conference in myself. I am so lonely even when I go out by myself I can't mix I am just the lonely person.
It as effected my life so much my business as been effected as I get behind with all of it mainly paper work. I have debts all over the place as I just can't put my mined to it. I think it is in the day when I am on the tools it occupies my mind. But as soon as I get home it all goes.
I now realise what as caused this I need help and don't know where to get it.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
You need to see a professional.
Specifically, a PhD clinical psychologist.
There are many in most areas.
This will help you with any testing and diagnoses needed, and if this is abuse or something else, etc.
It would also lead to mutual therapy if indicated.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].