Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I want to know does a psychiatrist have over all care in your

Customer Question

I want to know does a psychiatrist have over all care in your mental health, or can it be over ridden by the mental health team.!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--can I ask what you mean by being overridden by the mental health team?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hallo just wonder if psychiatrist is fully in charge as due to see him again which he arranged with me but now my appointment stopped and a cpn he asked to be present did not appear. Trying to get answers and my gp intervening but traumatized by this.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Yes the psychiatrist is in full charge of your treatment and he may have you have therapy both with him and with a nurse practitioner but in the end, he's the boss and fully responsible for every aspect of your treatment
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Why do you think my appointment has been stopped though, when he has said will see me in two months time, can you shed any light on this for me as cannot understand why terminated.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for the delay--can you tell me more about what exactly happened?