Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

Hello, I am suffering with cidp which is causing increasing

Hello, I am suffering with cidp which is causing increasing pain and numbness in my feet and legs. I have read adverts for the Rebuilder which uses small electrical currents to stimulate the nerves and reduce the symptoms. Have you any experience in the use and effectiveness of this device which is rather expensive?
Yours Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Dr. Das, MD replied 3 years ago.
Michael,

Welcome and thank you for the question.

Going through the rebuilder website, I have found that no clinical trials have been done for the device. Also, the website says that "The ReBuilder® uses a tiny electrical signal to wake up nerves that are temporarily dormant or asleep due to past oxygen deprivation. " But nerve damage can be due to a number of causes - traumatic , toxic etc. CIDP is definitely not due to oxygen deprivation and I do not think that you will get any relief from this device.