Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552
Medical

Pain in the left side under the ribcage, nausea, feeling faint

occasionally, like toothache, pain wakens... Show More
occasionally, like toothache, pain wakens me up during sleep, severe sweating in bed and wake up with soaking wet hair..feeling unwell.
Show Less
replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Customer:

Dr. Shahzad MD :

welcome

Dr. Shahzad MD :

since how long are you having this pain?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Do you have any other medical problems?

Customer:

About 1 week

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Have you ever had such pain

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Have you ever had such pain before?

Customer:

Yes medical problems, heart and clots on lung (an involved situation). I remember two cases of a similar pain, at 15 yrs. old acute nephritis in right kidney, treated medically, cracked ribs 30 years as a result of a fall.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think that you should at least have an ultrasound to have a look at your kidneys particularly which is what I think the pain may be originating from.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You may be having a kidney stone that may be causing this pain.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If the ultrasound is normal then they should proceed with a CT scan of the abdomen.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you with me?

Customer:

Yes, have had these scans at various times in my life.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

When was the last one done?

Customer:

Had a CT scan after a stent was inserted last September. They found clots on both lungs and have been on warfarin for the last 4 months.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Ok, well that was a CT scan of the lungs, this time you may require one for your abdomen.

Customer:

I also suffer from burping, is that any help. I will see the nurse practitioner and speak to her about the CT scan. She thinks a major back muscle has been strained due to its hardness. I don't agree with her because of the side effects.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Burping is most likely not related to the pain, however, sometimes pain of the stomach can also be felt in the left side, the location that you mentioned.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

But having said that I think that you need to have more tests to be sure that everything is normal.

Customer:

To summarise, I need to request CT scan to establish what is occuring.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes or at least an ultrasound.

Customer:

ok, I will follow both of these suggestions. Thankyou.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Take care
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below.

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

I will be seeing a heart and a respiratory consultant next week. If you wish I may be able to let you know the outcome.

Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician replied 3 years ago.
Yes sure, I would love to know the outcome.