Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I was diagnosed 2 years ago with bilateral hypronephrosis.

I was diagnosed 2 years ago with bilateral hypronephrosis. I had a nuclear test done on the 5 of Feb this year and was informed that my left kidney is 14% and my right kidney is 84%. I now on the 29 of this month am having a camera under a general anesthetic. I just feel its all moving too slow. I'm now a public patient was a medical card holder. I'm fed up and need 1 to know what or how public patients pay. 2 how serious is my condition.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--are you talking about a cystoscope to look at your bladder and your ureters? Are you seeing a kidney specialist for this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I am
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
And the procedure you're asking about--what exactly is that? Have you been told the cause of the hydronephrosis and what exactly has the kidney specialist told you so far about all this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
All I know is that both kidneys has blockages from kidneys to bladder a gentic defect that's it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Michelle and we can continue after this for as long as you'd like. The procedure would cost around $2,000-3,000 in US dollars and obviously it's to look at your ureters to check for blockage and to determine if surgery would be possible to open them up. Obviously you still have a right kidney that's functioning fairly well and it could be that even without surgery that function could continue where it is for some time. I really can't say much more than that for now because I don't have all the information I need and that isn't your fault.