Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Hi me hubby tryin for baby im due 22 but am feeling

Customer Question

Hi me hubby tryin for baby im due period 22 but am feeling really sick am Ipregnant x
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I will be glad to assist you today.

If you are feeling nauseated several days before your period is due, it certainly is possible that you could be pregnant. However, there are many other possible causes of nausea beyond pregnancy, most often from a viral infection of the gut. Consequently, it is impossible to say whether someone is pregnant based on symptoms. Instead, it is recommended to perform a pregnancy test.

The current home urine pregnancy tests are very sensitive and frequently will be positive a few days before a missed period. But it is still recommended to wait until you miss the start of your period to perform a pregnancy test.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I suffered an ectopic zpregnancy last august me hubby desperate for baby am scsred another ectopic

I certainly can understand your fear, but there is no accurate test to detect an ectopic today. The most sensitive test at this stage of pregnancy to differentiate an ectopic pregnancy from a standard pregnancy would be to perform a quantitative blood pregnancy test and then repeat it in three days.

Actually, the first test would be a qualitative blood pregnancy test, which simply tells whether the pregnancy hormone is present and gives a positive or negative result, which will determine whether you are pregnant. Then a quantitative blood pregnancy test can be done, which measures the actual amount of that hormone. Repeating the quantitative blood pregnancy test in three days will say whether the expected increase is happening, which is the best test at this stage to assure that the pregnancy is in the uterus.

All of these tests, though, can only be done by your doctor. It would be impossible to do these tests at home.