Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Good evening, I keep on having tachycardia which peaked 124

Good evening, I keep on having tachycardia which peaked 124 (I work in a clinic), but my ecg was fine when I went to hospital (a&e) once and blood test showed that I have no basophils basically. Otherwise blood was fine. I do have almost all symptoms of hyperthyroidism, but have not been tested for this. What is the possible problem with me?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
I agree with you that hyperthyroidism can be a problem which should be tested for.
I would also like that you should have a holter monitor test if the thyroid function is normal.
A holter monitor will monitor your heart rate for a period of time and will record any abnormalities in the rhythm of the heart and rate of the heart.
So a problem with the heart rhythm and a problem with the thyroid function both should be ruled out.
An ECG done at one point only is something that may not help too much in this regard.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Do rate me for my services when you are done asking.
Kindest Regards