Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Me again ***** ********* can you give me some reassurance

Hi me again ***** *********** can you give me some reassurance re something my liver you know I had scan said just fatty liver very early nash my alt is now 50 ! But I looked through my old blood work and all negative except anti smooth muscle weakly positive ?? Googled it ! Help !!

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello again.

A weakly positive result is frequently not an issue. The primary reason that the anti-smooth muscle antibody is checked is to consider whether autoimmune hepatitis is present. However, in autoimmune hepatitis, the result is typically very elevated.

There also are studies that show that a small percentage of people with a fatty liver will have positive antibodies, including the anti-smooth muscle antibodies.

This is why your doctor was not concerned about a weakly positive anti-smooth muscle antibody titer, and why you also should not be concerned. As long as your liver function does not get remarkably worse (an ALT of 50 is a very mild elevation), then there is no reason to recheck the antibody levels.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi thank you my full blood count last week came back as normal all good lymphosites 1.4 now so that's good ?
Also the said score was 15.4 ?? Not sure what that means ? On a fbc surgery reference ??
Anyway I need your help re this anxiety aim phobic about health you may have guessed !!!
Panic phobic re it
My doctor has suggested citalopram. ??
She said it is good. But won't that hurt the liver and the weight loss dieting running I've done ???
I have had. Sore skin ?? For a few days like flu skin without the flu ?? Only way I can describe it she said throat looked perfectly normal
It feels a little dry
Could these symptoms be anxiety ???
I'm sorry, but there is no SAID score on blood counts in this country, but we also call it a CBC (complete blood count) rather than an FBC (full blood count).
Does the report say what the SAID stands for?
Could you provide the full report (scan and attach the report)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No but she said it was all normal ? Must have been a surgery score ?
I can email my second from last one 4 weeks ago ? Do you have an email address although the lymphosite count was a little low on this one and the alt was 60 it has gone down again you reassured me re the lymphosite count. ? A while ago and it is now 1.4.
I can email it ? And the others ?
I'm on my iPad so don't know how to attach on this site
Sore skin ??? Issue ??
The rules of JustAnswer does not allow us to communicate via personal e-mails, but if the report says that it is normal, then it is not a concern.

The lymphocyte count is also normal, so not a concern.

As for whether these symptoms can be caused by anxiety the answer is yes. In fact, virtually any symptom can be caused by anxiety. To provide a couple examples, there are some women that can have a false appearance of pregnancy, including weight gain and abdominal protuberance, even though no infant is present (called a false pregnancy or psudocyesis). Some people can present with neurologic deficits that look and feel like a stroke, despite normal tests (called a conversion disorder). For virtually any symptom, if no other cause can be identified, there should be consideration of whether anxiety could be causing the symptom, particularly in a person that already demonstrates anxiety or panic disorder.

Citalopram is a reasonable medicine to treat anxiety and is well tolerated. There is no medicine that can be used for anxiety that can be said to never adversely effect the liver, but it is very infrequent with citalopram, so is a reasonable selection.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is the sore skin issue one to be panicking about I can run and function ? Just feels odd
No,the sore skin is nothing to be panicked about. You have seen your doctor, which is what would be indicated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
With the bloods normal and throat normal would you suspect re sore skin issue ? In my case ???
I have been running in the countryside hi pollen ???
I took an aspirin it has gone. ???
Obviously I cannot examine you, but there is nothing in your description that sounds worrisome if the physical exam is normal. Statistically, the most likely is dry skin, which can present as itching or soreness.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no sign of rash or skin irritation nothing to be seen. Just feels like you know when you get the flu or a cold sore to touch ? But I feel normal apart from this
Should I try the medication for stress.
I have already told you that it is a reasonable selection. It is up to you whether to try the medicine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok il try exercise first. Thank you do you expect the sore skin to resolve within a week ?
Its impossible to say whether exercise will make the symptom resolve within a week.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No sorry il use exercise for the stress !
Would you expect the sore skin to go on it's own I meant ?
The only thing I would say is I moved office to a very cold one in a new bui idling last week ?
Its impossible to say.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But you think it isn't a serious issue ?
I have already answered that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks have a good evening. May I contact you again re issues ?
Absolutely.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Any other solutions to my anxiety apart from drugs last question
The primary treatments for anxiety is drugs, counselling, and lifestyle management, such as regular exercise, yoga, or self-relaxation techniques.
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.