DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My son (Three in July) suffers from Eczema, it has good days

My son (Three in July) suffers from Eczema, it has good days and bad days but recently he had a bad case of chicken pox, he had antibiotics to clear it up which cleared the pox but skin was still very bad, they gave him a second course which was really good and cleared most of the Eczema up however as soon as he finished it has come back worse than before, specially round the neck.

This has coincided with the weather getting hotter. I hear it may be more than just eczema, the doctor just wants to give cream but I feel it may be more than this and maybe diet, or other ideas to help him as he is so uncomfortable with it.

Any thoughts or ideas welcome.

Russell Cox
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
What is your question exactly?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thankyou for your help but i have now booked my son in to see a dermotoligist so i no longer need your reply. Kind regards, XXXXX XXXXX me know what happens with the £28.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
We have nothing to do with the money, that is customer service.
In addition, the dermatologist is not going to be concerned with curing the eczema, only controlling it, and will not be particularly interested in the correct diet.
I am double board certified in medicine and integrative medicine. I cure eczema.

Would you like to continue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Defiantly would be interested in curing it, happy to hear your opinion as keen to get it sorted.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Tell me the diet now
Meal to meal
Typical day
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is a general idea of his diet on a typical day:

We have recently swapped cows milk for goats milk but this is only last few days.

wake up - glass of milk

Breakfast - bowl of cereal (Weetabix) with banana / bowl of porridge with banana.

Snack - plain biscuit

Lunch - sandwich with cheese or ham, child crisps, baby bell, fruit and veg. or scrambled egg and beans on toast.

Snack - plain biscuit or fruit

Dinner - Some sort of potato ie. mash or jacket or potato waffle with fish or meat and beans or veg

Pudding - Fromage Frais or fruit pot

Before bed - glass of milk

Regards,

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
Terrible.
The diet, in order of preference in quantity, should look like this
leafy greens
green veggies
other veggies
whole fruit, beans and peas
Whole grains no yeasted breads, dry cereals or anything refined
Seeds and nuts, but cut out seeds if you have any diverticulosis.
A little tofu or tempeh daily
A little high quality soy or coconut milk yogurt

The soluble fiber in this strategy will stabilized colon function in about 6 to 8 weeks, then about 2 or three helpings of animal foods a week, preferably fish, can be added back.
See the book, Super Immunity, and the book, Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, for instructions on this type of diet.

The diet alone might help.

I then add classical homeopathy to help the person "grow out of" the eczema, quickly. For that you need a good classical homeopath.

One list can be found here.
www.homeopathic.org.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what about milk, dairy products and potato?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.

As you can see in my above answer, essentially you avoid these.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so you are confident the cause of the eczema is purely in the diet and this suggestion will cure my sons eczema?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
No
It is not "purely" the diet, but this diet will often control eczema.
Eczema is autoimmune, and a combination of the diet and classical homeopathy is how I get kids to grow out of it quickly.

I do not use steroid cream, which is the main conventional treatment.

DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.