Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Hi, I have had anxiety disorder for years and have

Hi, I have had chronic anxiety disorder for years and have been battling with non epileptic seizures for the last couple of years. I am frustrated and desparate for answers. Why if I don't have control over these seizures persee do they not happen at work? I am a nurse I work shifts but am unable wo work nights as I get too unwell. I take diazepam or abeta blocker at lunch time and am so determined to get through every day. It is draining but I am managing to do it. The problem occurs when I am not working. It happens on waking from sleep sometimes and with friends. I also spend a lot of time on my own but can manage to get back from town if I feel unwell and often just get through my front door. I live alone and they mostly happen there. I'm finding it increasingly difficult if someone is around and feel guilty to put anyone through it. Can anyone explain what might be going on. I'm becoming more and more distressed by them but push the feelings down and block it off as I need to get on with my life. Oh I'm 37 and female.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Hi there.

I think you do have control over them but only to a certain extent.

You can control them so that you don't have them at work but you only push them down. They have to release in some way and I think it occurs when you are home alone

It is basically like you bottle them up for a while but they explode finally when you don't suppress them as much

So you have partial control and that is a good thing I suppose. It is better to be able to function at work than not.
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.