Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

my husband has been diagnosed with eye lid shingles, the swelling

my husband has been diagnosed with eye lid shingles, the swelling has gone down but has pain in corner of eye and nose and dumbness in head, eye very sore, he is taking gabaventon and parectomal, how long till better, 4weeks now. thank u
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.

Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

Unfortunately pain and nerve pain due to shingles often lasts several months.

Dr. K. :

In a small percentage of patients, it may go on longer. Hopefully this will not be the case.

Dr. K. :

Ask your Dr about increasing the dose of Gabapentin, this is a medication used to treat neuropathy and often Drs will not use a high enough dose. You may need to see a neurologist in consult

Dr. K. :

Use an ice pack also, this will help block the pain to the nerve endings.

Dr. K. :

Hope this helps