Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Got a very sharp pain under left for about half an hour.

Got a very sharp pain under left breast for about half an hour. Got pain at left side of neck for a few minutes. Breathing fine. Pain gone though have slight dull ache in left shoulder. I am a 49 year old woman with low blood pressure. Should I wait to see doctor tomorrow?
Hi. Have you ever had this happen before? Was there any nausea or sweating involved?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No just came on sudden as I was answering phone
Aileen, when you had it, did it hurt to take a deep breath?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No breathing problems at all. Sore to move as pain like sharp knives.
OK. If it hurt to move then it isn't likely heart pain as in angina or a threatened heart attack and it might have been shoulder pain/muscle pain that radiated into your chest area. That said, since I can't examine you, I'm obligated to say that any chest pain like this has to be considered serious and potentially cardiac until proved otherwise. So my suggestion is to call your doctor if you have one and tell him about this or actually to see a doctor today just to be safe.