Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

ive been taking nortripyline 20mg for 6mths with no real side

Customer Question

ive been taking nortripyline 20mg for 6mths with no real side effects apart from dry mouth.ive also started taking bisoprolol fumarate 1.25mg for 5 days and have had headache and a feeling of pressure on my temples,cheeks and jaw since taking them.will these side effects lessen as I get use to them,or should I be seeing my gp again
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--just to be clear here why are you on those two medications? And have you had these symptoms before now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I suffer from tension headaches and migraine attacks

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Dave. The combination of those two medications can lower your blood pressure and that's probably why you're having these symptoms. It is possible that that effect will resolve in another week or so but for now you need to call your doctor and let him know about this so he can see you and make a decision as to whether to change the bisoprolol