Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Can you tell me if colocynth is the right remedy. I have used

Customer Question

Can you tell me if colocynth is the right remedy. I have used homeopathy for many years with excellent results, and was originally advised to take 30c twice daily for 3 days, wait one week and take one at night. This proved effective, but I now have pain in my hip which is making walking difficult. I was told by a physiotherapist that I had bursitis which was supposed to have cleared up. I tried the above method with colocynth which has not helped, and wonder whether I should continue to take it, and if so for how long.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Please give me more details of what you are trying to do
I am an MD and a classical homeopath
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Pppo
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
sorry there is nothing in your reply, only "Pppo"
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am trying to relieve pain and stiffness in my hip which can extend down to my knee, and would like to know whether colocynth is the right remedy to continue, and what would be the correct dosage, or whether I should try another remedy.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
first of all
What is wrong with your hip
What is the diagnosis
What do x rays show?

And by the way, there is not such thing as a remedy "for" a condition, such as hip pain extending down the leg, which might have 100 remedy possibilities.

I am curious what you mean when you say you have used homeopathy......what does that mean to you...do you have a classical homeopath?