Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

hi im postmenapause. and ive got under active thyroid on and

hi im postmenapause. and ive got under active thyroid on and off. ive had recent bloods done my blood count is normal. my chlorestrol is ok. im on simvistatin.acid reflux medication. and low dose premique hrt. which ive been on for 4months. as i wanted to reduce the dosage i was taking. since doing so all my menapause symptoms have come bk . hot flushes puplitations light headed . about an hour ago i came over light headed shaky pulpitations they have subsided a bit now. ive got a dry mouth . i have had a couple glasses of water my mouth is still dry. my blood sugar was ok at last blood test and my blood pressure was good .i havent got a temperature. or aches or pains . im not sure what this could be . could this be my menapauise or my thyroid needs checking again
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--how is your underactive thyroid being treated?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not being treated as of yet . ive been tested over last 12 months every 3 months one test says its very slightly underactive. next test its normal . then next one showing abnormal again then next test normal gp said no treatment nessary as of yet

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Rita. Yes, these could all just be your menopausal symptoms returning and it doesn't sound like the symptoms one usually has with an underactive thyroid. It sounds more like a blood sugar problem and for that reason you should call your doctor and get some blood work done
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I recently had blood sugar levels done at end of march they were normal should I still ask for another test done

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
I still think this needs to be checked out Rita just to make sure it's only menopause and nothing else
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok will see gp in morning would blood sugar make me feel shivery and light headed also palpitations and dry mouth

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Yes--it could do all of that which is why I mentioned it needs checking. Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you Rita
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok so if blood sugar is not ok what will be done to control it as I already eat healthy prob don't drink as much water as I should and I don't drink alcohol to access

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
This sounds more like a low blood sugar problem Rita and that is controlled with frequent meals and snacks. High blood sugar may require medication to control it if proper diet alone doesn't. But we're getting ahead of ourselves since this is more likely menopause and not a blood sugar problem. Get checked out and let me know how it goes and if it happens to be a blood sugar problem I'll be more than happy to discuss that further with you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thank you for your help one more thing I get a stinging sesation on my tonque would that have anything to do with blood sugar or menopause.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Well, that could mean a vitamin B12 deficiency so I would check you for that
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

will mention that to gp aswell many thanks again will let you know how it all goes

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
My pleasure Rita--any time