DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi, I stopped my pill for the 7 days to get my period. The

Hi, I stopped my pill for the 7 days to get my period. The day after stopping my pill I had protected sex in which my conception failed and I had to get the morning after pill. The pharmacist said it could make my period late or heavier etc but I've still not had a period and I am due to start taking my new pill in 2 days time. Should I take it as normal or wait for my period to come?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Hello]
You should take your pill as normal.

You should also do a pregnancy test, but i do not think there is any chance you are pregnant.
Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].