TheSurgeon
TheSurgeon, Doctor
Experience:  General Surgery
26533498

can you please advise on multiple joint pain problems, i can

can you please advise on multiple joint pain problems, i can not opiates as severely allergic but am struggling with pain, i have been prescribed balmosa for the joint but i can not apply it every i have pain and any suggestion would be welcome.

thank you
Expert:  TheSurgeon replied 3 years ago.

TheSurgeon :

hello

TheSurgeon :

we are able to type here for 10 minutes

TheSurgeon :

do you see a regular doctor or pain management doctor?

TheSurgeon :

Are you able to take NSAIDs such as ibuprofen or naproxen?

TheSurgeon :

Anti-inflammatory medications can help tremendously with joint pain

TheSurgeon :

You can also ask your doctor for a prescription for Lyrica (pregabalin) which is a non-narcotic medication for pain control

TheSurgeon :

please let me know if there is anything specific to your diagnosis other than joint pain such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid, lupus, etc...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i broke 3 bones in my neck when i was 16, i have suffered since then, there has been so many different medications tried such as gabapentin and naproxyn however i seen to react against those as well. paracetamol and ibuprofen do not do anything either, the cream i have recently prescribed as named above will alleviate the pain for less than an hour and then it comes back. there is also only so many places i can reach to apply this, i am concerned about asking my daughter to so this as she is asthmatic and do not want to cause her problems as well

have you tried lyrica? have you ever had steroid injections to the neck?

I do not believe a topical cream will do much good for you at all.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i do not know what lyrica is but they keep telling me to have physio, i have tried this and it just makes matters worse. they have also said it maybe arthritis but will not test for it. i do not know what else to do as it is affecting my everyday life

I would go to get xray or CT or MRI imaging done on you r neck. then I would ask about a prescription for lyrica or getting injections to the neck for pain control
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have had an MRI done, the problem is not really with my neck, it is more shoulder, lover back and hip pain. i know that there is a problem with the muscles and tendons in my shoulder but the rest seems too low to attribute to the accident i had, could it all be related. and do you also this it is the best thing for me to have nerve blockers with the problems that i have? i am a bit wary as no one seems to be able to pin point where the exact pain is in order to stop it. i really appreciate the advice

its normal for pain to be spread over multiple joints after a severe accident like that.