Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

My sister was involved in a head on car collision on thursday

My sister was involved in a head on car collision on thursday afternoon. Luckily she has escaped with soft tissue damage and whiplash injuries. She was taken to hospital where she was scanned and xrayed ...no internal damage. She has a headache and sore at the back of the neck and her eyes feel like a migraine is coming on. She also feels nauseous.
The worst of everything is she lost her beloved dog who didn't survive the accident. My sister is 72 years of age and is fit and not on any medication except nurofen plus at the moment for the pain. She is grieving. We have a small ainsworth case of 42 essential remedies to hand ....unfortunately I don't know which remedy would be best. Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks
Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.

I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.

Was cervical spine imaged? Was ultrasound of abdomen obtained? Does Nurofen plus give her relief from pain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No ultrasound of abdomen. Under relevant investigations on discharge form it says "CT scan of head, neck, abdomen, pelvis. No bleeding, no organ damage, no fracture". That's all I can tell you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nurofen plus helps a bit
Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.
Janet,

Thank you for that additional information. negative CT scan for Brain, neck and abdomen relieves me. It rules out any internal damage for sure. Ultrasound is not needed with negative CT scan.

Pain and vomiting still worry me though. Nurofen plus contains codeine and Ibuprofen. It is a potent pain reliever. If it is not helping her much than more powerful medicine may be needed. BUT I would also think of irritation of the stomach mucosa {increased acid secretion - anxiety/ infection} as the cause. Upper GI scopy may help to give us more answers. TUMS should help. Cold milk does sooth stomach mucosa and reduce irritation. Loss of her beloved dog may be the cause for increased acid secretion too. Anti-anxiety medicines should give relief too.

Wish her well.

Best
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for that. Is there any homeopathic medicine which will help? Especially for the grieving process?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Janet feels nauseous but is not vomiting
Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.

Nausea may be due to stomach mucosal irritation too.

Yes there are few medicines which should help: Aconite may help. This link should help:

http://naturalmedicinerx.blogspot.in/2008/09/homeopathy-can-ease-grieving-process.html

Best

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Many thanks for your help
Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.
Good Luck.

Wish her a speedy recovery.