Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Hi Doctor I dont know if you can see my last questions regarding

Customer Question

Hi Doctor
I don't know if you can see my last questions regarding symptoms I've been having. To cut a long story short for the past year I have been suffering with abdominal pain and back pain. Upto now I have has the following tests-
Abdominal ultrasound scan- negative
3x FBC- negative
Stool sample- negative
Liver and kidneys blood test- negative
Physical abdominal examination- negative
Digital rectal examination- negative
The last 2 days i have noticed my stools are a very dark colour, near enough black Infact and my abdominal pains have gotten worse as has my back pain.
Have you any advice?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.

Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

It looks like you have been screened for many diseases.

Dr. K. :

Black or tarry stools means that there is likely blood in the stool. You need a stool test for occult blood. This is a simple in office test.

Dr. K. :

And you need a colonoscopy to look for Crohns disease or ulcerative colitis. Those would be fairly common diseases in your age group.

Dr. K. :

In the UK, you can self refer to a GI clinic I believe.