Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My last was March the 4th and lasted 4 days I then had

Customer Question

My last period was March the 4th and lasted 4 days I then had sexual inter course with my partner the 7th 9th 10th 14th 16th then very silly slept with someone else on the 17th but no ejaculation what so ever happened then again with my partner on the 21st and 23rd and implantation bleeding on 25th where after I found out I was pregnant please tell me there is more chance that it is my partners I'm so worried
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.

Yes, it is vastly more likely that you are pregnant from your partner. With your period on March 4th and implantation happening on March 25th, it would indicate that ovulation likely occurred on March 18th. Even though there was intercourse with another man on the 17th, the absence of ejaculation would make it far more likely that the sperm from the encounter on the 16th resulted in the fertilization of the egg after ovulation. Sperm live in the female genital tract for at least several days and up to five days.

However, it cannot be said with certainty. It is possible that there could be a sufficient amount of sperm in pre-ejaculate fluid to result in pregnancy, which is why we do not recommend withdrawal before ejaculation for contraception. But from a pure volume of sperm perspective, there would be far more sperm in the ejaculation on the 16th than any pre-ejaculation on the 17th. So, it is far more likely that your partner is the father.

In this situation, the only way to be certain would be to perform paternity testing after delivery, but it is certainly much more likely to be your partner's child.

If I can provide any further information please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok Thankyou I can't have any paternity tests done as I will lose everything I'm thinking it's very more likely partners thou as the other entered approx 5 times before I realised what I was doing and ended it all and nothing else happened
Yes, that it certainly true. If the other encounter only entered 5 times and the encounter was stopped, there would also be very little pre-ejaculate fluid present, not just an absence of ejaculation. This would make it much more likely that it is your partner that is the father.