Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have suffered from panic disorder and anxiety for 20 years

Customer Question

I have suffered from panic disorder and anxiety for 20 years and recently have been waking up with giddyness not lasting long but feeling unsteady for a while .Is this connected with my anxiety ---john thx
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

yes, this is is most likely due to your anxiety.

Dr. David :

excessive anxiety can cause unsteadiness of balance and sometimes dizziness.

Dr. David :

hello?

JACUSTOMER-cc8vigyp- : Thx for your answer. I did think it maybe was the stress
Dr. David :

are you getting treatment for your anxiety disorder?

JACUSTOMER-cc8vigyp- : We'll ive had it on and off for long time and I try and control it myself but it's not good at the moment
Dr. David :

it sounds like you need to see a doctor and get some treatment for your anxiety disorder.

Dr. David :

or see a psychotherapist for therapy as well.

Dr. David :

these can help your symptoms

Dr. David :

good luck to you

Dr. David :

let me know if you have other questions.

JACUSTOMER-cc8vigyp- : I've some propanol in the cupboard but wanted to get through without it
Dr. David :

I see

Dr. David :

do you have any other questions for me?

JACUSTOMER-cc8vigyp- : Do you think the dizziness will go if I can beat the anxiety
Dr. David :

it sounds like your anxiety comes and goes quite often.

Dr. David :

and so your dizziness most likely will continue to come and go along with your anxiety symptoms.

JACUSTOMER-cc8vigyp- : Yes I get good spells and then get spells of anxiety. Of course now I worry what the dizziness when I wake up is
Dr. David :

that is your anxiety disorder making you dizzy and making you worried about the dizziness.

JACUSTOMER-cc8vigyp- : That's true---- I'm a person that needs reassuring all the time
Dr. David :

that is because of your excessive anxiety symptoms.

Dr. David :

we see that here a lot online at JustAnswers

JACUSTOMER-cc8vigyp- : Thx just wondered why the dizziness is mainly when I stand up out of bed in the morning
Dr. David :

you might be a bit dehydrated at that point in the morning when you stand up.

Dr. David :

your body has to increase blood pressure suddently to get blood to the brain when you stand up quickly.

Dr. David :

if your are a bit dehydrated or a bit out of shape, it can take your blood vessels and your heart a moment to catch up to increase blood pressure to get the blood to your brain.

Dr. David :

during that split second, your brain might not be getting enough blood and glucose and so you can be a bit dizzy right then .

JACUSTOMER-cc8vigyp- : Would you say in my position the dizziness and anxiety are defiantly connected
Dr. David :

yes.

JACUSTOMER-cc8vigyp- : Thank you so much for your answers and reassurance mant thx-----john
Dr. David :

you are welcome

Dr. David :

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com