Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Got a pain in my eye yesterday, also got a swelling 2 inches

Got a pain in my eye yesterday, also got a swelling 2 inches higher on forehead, the swelling seems to be on same nerve as eye, slightly painful when raise eye brow, do you feel I need to check it out immediately, or wait. RegRds Peter.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Do you have any nasal symptoms like nasal obstruction, nasal discharge etc? Is that swelling hard or soft? Is that mobile or fixed? Is the temperature of swelling raised as compared to the surroundings? Do you have fever? Is there any swelling of eye lid? I am sorry for so many questions, please provide short replies to all of them. Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No nasal. Blockage, lump hard. Slightly warm, no fever.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Peter thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. There can be few possibilities. It can be an eye infection spreading to your forehead, it can be an infected sabecous cyst or it can be an infective swelling of one of the sinuses called frontal sinus. Frontal sinus is present just above the eye and it can present with swelling like you have. Yes you need to get examined but there is no urgency, you can wait for 24 to 48 hours and in the meantime, you can try over the counter available tab ibuprofen thrice daily. If you are worried about anything serious, I reassure you that nothing serious here can present like this. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.