Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I am a passive aggressive type, and sometimes do things without

I am a passive aggressive type, and sometimes do things without thinking that cause others a degree of emotional trauma and I don't want to be doing these things but can't stop myself from doing them. My mind is taken over and I feel like a spectator and throughout my life its ruined the relationships between myself and others. Directly after I go in to shock and suffer from anxiety. I have had problems with my since a young age and have twice been through severe insomnia lasting a month at its worst, and find it difficult to face the world at times. Can you help me?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

You have to want to do the work

Have you seen a counselor?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have once before, and they gave me the advice to confront the people who may have caused the problem and each one of them told me that he was wrong and its all in my own head. It put me off because I knew what I needed to do, and was denied the chance to do it

That is exactly what needs to be done

I completely agree

you have to find the courage to confront people
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would you advise me to seek help anyway? I struggle to find the right words and I keep being told "You dwell too much on the past, stop being a child and let it go", but I can't unless I talk about it.

Absolutely

you need regular counseling
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)