Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Is it safe for me to have a Barium enema test with a prolase

Is it safe for me to have a Barium enema test 'with a prolase of my womb also Bladder i have atrial Fibrillation Asthma i had a four pint blood Tranfuseion last indec 2014 for cronic anemia'my Gp wants to take me off asprin for Warfin with out seeing a consultant' i am very worried with it all '
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--can I ask why the barium enema instead of a colonoscopy?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was told that was the only test that i could have.
'

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK--and what specifically worries you about the test?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am worried after reading the side effects of Picolax on my poor health i have lost about 16 pounds in the last year'

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Just so I can be clear--what possible side effects did you read about?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that i have a heart disease 'Asthma ; and chronic Anemia also the prolase which i feel may cause more pain to me'

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK I understand. The Picolax is basically a laxative designed to clear your colon before the test. There can be some abdominal cramping and of course loose stools and you'll need to drink plenty of water and juices after you take it. I don't think it will be very painful for you and I certainly don't think it will bother your heart disease or your asthma. I have had many patients that have needed to use it and so far they all did fine with no problems