DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My son got splattered by blood in a nightclub, and although

My son got splattered by blood in a nightclub, and although he was not involved in the fight, the person who's blood it was said he was HIV Pos. My son has had two blood tests one a week or so after the event and a month after the event, both came back negative, they have told him he can have a third test 3 - 6 months after, is this normal? Also without knowing I washed his TShirt and I have just had a port removed after having Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer and I have a small healing scar, also I had a large cat scratch on my foot and used my foot to move the washing out of the way, this was all without knowing that this blood splattered TShirt was there. Am I at risk from HIV ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
You are not at risk.
He is at almost zero risk.

Yes it is normal to have a test at 3 months, as some people can convert to positive late...
6 months to be 100%.

I doubt that he has HIV.

However, you want to be 100%.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So myself and my family are not at risk considering I had just had a minor op and a badly scratched foot which I used to move the bloody TShirt?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
No
Not at all
It is dead by then.