DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

As psychiatrists work often with a team can this team over-rule

As psychiatrists work often with a team can this team over-rule the psychiatrist. Have had three consultations and the doctor said two months now changed after team meeting. What can I do here.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
What you describe is not how things work.
The psychiatrist in charge of your case for psychiatry is in charge.
The rest of the team has input, but would not over rule the psychiatrist.

Is that your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry complicated, was due to see psychiatrist in two months but someone called me saying appointment to see him month earlier and previously the psychiatrist had said he would see me in two months and bring some things in writing but when saw him he said things changed after the team meeting. So instead of CPN he had tried to get for me offered peer support instead. Said he would then see how managed and would see me in six months, then end of consultation said will see me sooner. Sorry cannot understand mixed message, hence query to you. Thanks.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I
I don't see an mixed message.
The psychiatrist changed his mind.
The team inputed information.
It was after the team meeting , with more information , that he changed his mind.
Would that make sense?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Without knowing me difficult but had only three consultations up to now and would hasten to add not psychotic, but depression. The people on duty have different agenda and I did complain not official about one person on duty that regarding a crisis call I made she treated me with in difference. I do need help so my GP is going to phone him on personel level. Thank you. but really upset about it.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
You are welcome.
But you have not really asked any more question.
I have answered the questions you have asked.
I understand that you are upset.

But I can not help you with what is going on in your psychiatrists mind...I would ask them.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you as expect had total of consultation. Just to add for reference that a letter dated two days before had consultation said had been discharged. However when seeing him he assured me that I was not discharged. Letter still in transit then. Yes will request for you again thank you.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
You are welcome.