Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

hi, for the past few months i have been having pains on both

Customer Question

hi, for the past few months i have been having pains on both of my sides, i am 21 years old, i am sexually active but not engaged in sex for 2 years, these are the symptoms ive been experiencing;

-side pains/ sometimes i have stabbing like shooting pain on one of my kidneys
-lower backpain
flank pain/lower abdomen pain
-pain in the groin area
discomforting pain in the pubic hair area
discomforting urination
-constant yellow urine
most recently joint pains/ body aches/ mild
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--does all this come and go or is it constant? What kind of urinary discomfort?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

mostly constant, burning sensation during urination.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Nasir. What did you mean by lower abdominal pain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

pain below belly button(not always) as well as pain around the public area. also in the mornings my shin area kinda hurts but disappears during the day.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Nasir. My first though is this a lower spine issue--probably a disk problem with nerve root compression that's radiating symptoms beyond your back and into the other areas. I might consider a prostate infection but the total distribution of your symptoms wouldn't be typical for that. Kidney problems don't usually cause back pain. It would also be very unusual to have kidney stones on both sides that hadn't passed in all this time. You need to see a doctor about this for an exam, an MRI of the lumbar spine, blood work and urinalysis to get at the exact cause here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

jcjc

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Sorry but that wasn't a response?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry about that, is the condition that you related a treatable one and how, also sometimes i have bouts where i get a tingling/numbness feeling around my cheeks. also is the condition related to cancer and what would a blood test establish

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
No this isn't a cancer situation Nasir and the numbness around your cheeks wouldn't be related unless there's also a problem with a disk in your neck. As for the spine problem, yes that is very treatable by your seeing a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist--for a customized treatment program. I only mentioned the blood work to look for a possible infection and a kidney problem but I really don't think it will show anything abnormal.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thank you sir, i will follow your steps your time gratefully appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
My pleasure Nasir but let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you