DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Can using a pump disrupt a coil

Can using a pussy pump disrupt a coil
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Please give a better description of the product
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
A sex toy pussy pump, it creates a vacuum over the vagina to fill it with blood for a heightened sensation, will this disrupt a marina coil
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
That is difficult to say, as there are no reports of this.

It sounds like it is potentially harmful for a number of reasons, and might cause other problems such as vaginal spasm [vaginismus].

There is no immediate indication that it would disrupt the coil, as the coil is in the urterus.

It would have to create enough suction on the uterus to do this, which is unlikely.

I suggest the woman talk to her OB, who knows exactly where the coil was placed, and who can monitor it so it remains in tact by exam.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].