Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hello, I have had a stomach ache for a while which has nearly

Customer Question

Hello, I have had a stomach ache for a while which has nearly gone, and also a pain in my right testicle area, which is not too bad in the mornings, but seems to get worse the more I move around during the day, but gets better if I take ibuprofen. I also have a slight burning feeling when urinating. Have had this issue a while. Also i suffer from bad lower back. have been very worried and am so scared that is life threatening. Also, i was looking at the symptoms for cystisis in men, and thought it could be a bacterial infection and some antibiotics might help. But I am scared that it is something else much worse. Please help.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--is your testicle actually tender to the touch? Any fever?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, no not tender really. No fever

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Yas. Certainly not life threatening and it sounds like a prostate gland infection. That's easily cleared up with antibiotics so I suggest you have a doctor check it out with a prostate exam and a urinalysis
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello, sorry please just one more question, please can I purchase the antibiotics online? Can you recommend a seller please? I can pay you more.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
We can't give out prescriptions here Yas and it would be better for you actually to see a doctor to make sure of the diagnosis first. There are online pharmacies where you can get antibiotics but I don't recommend that since it's without having seen a doctor and you never know whether what you're going to get will be the actual medication you ordered.
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi doctor. I have been prescribed doxycycline for this, is this correct? Also, is inflammation or an enlarged testicle also associated with this problem?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Did you see a doctor Yas? If so did he examine your testicles and your prostate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I didnt see a doctor. I'm too scared to go because i keep thinking that they are going to tell me that I have something much more serious and life threatening. I was prescribed by the online clinic.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Is your testicle tender to the touch?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No not tender

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--the doxycycycline should take care of the problem but you need to take it for two weeks and if it doesn't clear up you really need to see a doctor since they aren't going to tell you this is anything life threatening
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But it is slightly bigger than the other testicle?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I don't think that's anything to worry about since one testicle is always a little larger than the other but if that bothers you you'll have to have a doctor take a look
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello doctor

The pain has reduced but it has not gone completely

I managed to go to the doctor who examined me and has referred me for an mri scan

He said he agreed that he could see swelling on the right testicle g

The stomach ache has nearly gone, and the stinging when urinating is also much reduced

Do you think I could have something very serious?

I dont know when my scan is as I am waiting for a letter from the hospital

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--in his exam the testicle was completely not tender?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you mean did it hurt?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes--when he was examining it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No didnt hurt

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
So why exactly is he going to get the MRI?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think because of the swollen right testiclel

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well I don't think it's going to show anything abnormal and in general one testicle is usually a little larger than the other. So nothing I think to worry about here but let me know the results of the scan