Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My child keeps getting a pain in the right hand side of her

My child keeps getting a pain in the right hand side of her tummy she woke up and was very sick. This happens at least once or twice a month could it be appenditics
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--has a doctor studied this problem? How long does the pain last when she gets it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
A couple of days
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
And has she had any studies for this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No the doctor just thought it was her being constipation
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Mrs Davies. I fully disagree that this would just be constipation. I don't think it's recurring appendicitis since that is a very rare condition but it could be something called mesenteric adenitis which is an inflammation of the lymph nodes around the base of the appendix. It also could be irritable bowel syndrome which can even occur in someone her age. The other possibility--also something that can occur at even her age--would be gallstones and a gall bladder problem. At this point I would refer her to a gastroenterologist and she needs a ct scan of her abdomen and possibly upper and lower GI scoping