Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I suffer from Erectile disfunction and premature ejaculation

I suffer from Erectile disfunction and premature ejaculation - apparently there is no medical cause (have been tested for prostate and testosterone and they are ok). I am in my mid 60s and woulod like to continue to have a good sex life.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi I understand your problem but may I ask what information about this would help you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I want to know if there are ways to overcome the issues without using medication

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Neil. Can you tell me more about the ED--how much of an erection do you achieve? Are the Viagra and Cialis effective and have you seen a Urologist about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I get a full erection with Viagra and Cialis, but very little without - altho occasionally in the night (rarely) I get an erection. I have not seen a urologist - my GP did not seem to think it necessary

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Neil--and we can continue after this if you need to. You need to see a Urologist for testing of the blood pressure and blood flow in your penis. After that there are penile injections consisting of a mixture of phentolamine, prostaglandin, and papaverine that produce a full erection within ten minutes and that erection can last for an hour and you won't lose it even if you ejaculate during that time. I realize in a way this is also a use of medication but that's the suggestion I would give to my patients