Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My son has a pain just above a belly button and pain suddenly

My son has a pain just above a belly button and pain suddenly come in a few seconds or some times after a couple of minutes and straight away go away. The pain was start in the start of January and running till now. My son is really tired with this cramp pain, it's really severe and he is making noise when pain is come
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--how often does he get the pain and are you saying it goes completely away in just a few minutes? Does any particular type of food bring this on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my son has pain may in a second or after a minute regularly. It comes very often like this sequence but not in the sleeping time(night time). Yeah when it goes, it completely goes away and then come back again in a few minutes. no it does not bring with any particular type of food.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay Samina. Except for an x-ray the doctors didn't do any other tests? Did they say what they thought was the problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its ok doctor and thanks for replying. No, they said as we have seen in his x-ray tests, blood tests and also they said we have tested food allergy examination, everything is normal, doctors said we can not do anything aS EVERYTHING IS COMING NORMAL. they just gave my son another appointment again in hospital at the end of august.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I understand Samina but before we go on here, all I can do is give you my thoughts about this and what I would do about if if your son were my patient--will that be sufficient for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

u mean online? and how long?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I mean I can give you an answer as to what I think the problem is and what I would do to check for it but I'm not his doctor so that's all I can do
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok please!

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. He needs to see a pediatric gastroenterologist and I would get a ct scan of his abdomen a check of his amylase and lipase, and a screen for H pylori which is also known as the ulcer bug. I can tell you exactly what the problem is but it could be his gall bladder or pancreas or the H pylori infections and he might even have a peptic ulcer. I think most likely it is his gall bladder and he might even have gall stones but the other possibilities also need to be considered. If you need any more information on this please just ask and I'll be happy to continue
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

they took a ct scan already, everything is normal

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--then he still needs the screen for the H pylori since that can be treated effectively with antibiotics. He still could be having a problem with a gall bladder condition even without gall stones. Again a pediatric gastroenterologist would be my next step but at least ask his doctor to do a screening for the H pylori
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how they do screening for H PYLORI?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
With a stool test and a breath test. If those are positive two antibiotics and a month of Zantac or Prilosec will take care of the problem completely. Ask his doctors about that and let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you Samina
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HE is also preparing himself for 11 plus exams, does it effect. and if i want to see u face to face, then where can i, what ll b ur charges? thanks again. i ll rate definately... thank u

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Samina I'm in the US and I can't see him as a patient. The treatment with the antibiotics and the Zantac won't affect his ability to take his exams. Let me know how it goes and after you rate if you ever need to talk to me again just use the link that's below my photo
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.