Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My is late and I keep spotting. Should I be worried

My period is late and I keep spotting. Should I be worried about this. I recently asked my doctor to remove my coil because of the heavy painful periods but the doctor said she couldn't find it.
I have been getting stomach cramps so I assume I'm due. My stomach is very bloated which is how it gets when I'm due. I do have intercourse regularly, my doctor said that the coil has probably become dislodged.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--can you tell me more about the spotting?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know what else I can say about it. I presume it's my period and it's just very up and down. I thought I had finally started my period today when I sneezed and got quite a bit in my pants and also the cramps but that's all I got. The cramps seem to be on and off but they feel like period pain.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Sara. I think the coil did become dislodged and probably fairly recently. That would cause the condition you're having now but I don't think you're pregnant if that was your concern here. You likely will have a full period soon but there may be another month or two before your periods regulate themselves. Just to be complete here, though, if you don't get your period I would do a pregnancy test in about a week from now