Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I in my have just experienced sudden dizziness followed by

I in my have just experienced sudden dizziness followed by burning in my neck and upper back. I checked my blood pressure and it read as 140/97,pulse 97. I am a 72yr old lady and have never had heart attack or stroke. I take linisopril,5mgm daily.
thank you,jacqueline
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Are you feeling spinning while being dizzy or feeling unsteadiness? Is there any rash on neck? Any blisters on ear, ear ringing etc? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no rash,no spinning,have whistle in rt.ear.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Jacqueline thanks a lot for your input. I am really sorry to hear about your problem. As per symptoms this is not stroke. Heart attack is also least likely. This is likely to be start of herpes zoster infection (shingles). This infection can involve the inner ear to cause the whistle. Herpes zoster infection involves the nerve and that is the reason of burning pain in neck The accurate diagnosis needs investigations and I suggest that you should immediately go to emergency room. You may need an EKG and CT scan to be sure about the cause but even if it is shingles, you need to start earlier treatment for a better outcome. Irrespective of the cause, one thing is for sure that you must call an ambulance or ask someone to drive you to emergency room. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

please accept my apologies for making a oor responce for service given, I was satisfied with results I was given.

jjacqueline monk

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. It's ok no problem. Did you visit the doctor, what was the cause of your dizziness and how are you feeling now? Is there anything I can help you with? You can reverse the poor rating by rating again as good or excellent. I will be grateful to you. All the best for a happy and healthy life :) regards.