Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I Am Insulin Dependent Diabetic I Think I Have Scatica Ive.

Customer Question

I Am Insulin Dependent Diabetic I Think I Have Scatica I've. Been In Pain From Thurs 29th May14 I've Been Taking Paracetamol 500mg 2 Four Times A Day So Far For The Pain I'm In Agony. The Pain Starts At The Bottom Of My BackTravels To My Groin And Down The Front Of My Thigh I Just Have It On My Right Side. If It's Not Any Better By Mon 2nd June I Will Be Phoneing My Doctors For A Emergency Appointment Should I Be Resting Or Out Walking While I'm Like This.Thank You
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi and we can continue after this if you need. This definitely sounds like a nerve pinch and while it could be true sciatica--compression of the sciatic nerve in the pelvis, it could be a disk problem in the lower back that is compressing a nerve root. Rest as in bed rest or in a recliner for as much time as possible with elevation of the leg is the recommended procedure for now but unless this has fully resolved by Monday you should see your doctor then