Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am 75yrs old had a complete knee replacement on the 11 febuary

I am 75yrs old had a complete knee replacement on the 11 febuary 2014 since having my op ive been continuosly losing weight, prior to surgery i weighed 9 stone 6 pound i now weigh 8 stone 4,im getting very anxious as to whats happening to me,can you please please advice me. thank you Mrs Sheila Grey.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi Sheila. What other medical conditions do you have and what medications do you take? Are you eating the same amount of food that you did before the surgery? What tests did your doctor run and did he have any comments about the weight loss?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dont have any medical problems that i know of ,ive seen a doctor my tummy and bowel checked told all was ok,im waiting for camera down the throat appointment,i take Omeprazole 1 daily-calvovit sachets once daily-rosuvastatin 1 daily -alendronic acid 70mg i weekly.i had been on buprenorphine patches for 2 month which ive finished plus zapain 2 x 3 times daily,im not a sick lady im fit ,my weight loss has just happened since my knee surgery,my appetiite is proberly not as good i do eat regular but not big meals.no comments from my doctor as to my weight loss.hope you can help.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Sheila So have you tried increasing the amount you eat and, if so, has that allowed you to gain any weight?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i do eat regular meals little and often,no bigger than i did before i started losing weight.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do eat regular meals ,no different to what i done before i started losing weight

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Sheila. This sounds like you might have a thyroid problem and you need screening for that. It's also possible that you might have a peptic ulcer and the scope would look for that