Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Neck siatica -why cant i move my left arm when i have neck

Neck siatica -why can't i move my left arm when i have neck sicatica - that goes all the way down to my toes.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Have you been to any doctor or had any tests?
Have you had a MRI of your neck spine or lower spine ever?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes had x ray - which showed two neck bones closed in - all doc gave me was tramadol, co-codomo, ibuprohen and diazepam. feel groggy all the time and cannot walk- now having physio but after a few hours of getting up my neck hurts and pain in the upper part of my left arm - doctor did not explain

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

I think that you are having problems in the bones and discs of the neck and back. You certainly do need to have this investigated by having an MRI done and then I would refer you to a pain medicine specialist and a neurosurgeon after the MRI. Physiotherapy and pain medications are all good but I would like that you should have an MRI because x rays are no good in diagnosing spine problems with accuracy.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thankyou i will certainly go back to the doctors-and ask for one. They dont like sending us for them cost we have to fly to another island - (we have to pay for the doctors andphysio and such like). I know i can't keep taking the painkillers as they are making me ill. thanks again

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
You are most welcome
Take care
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below. I hope I provided excellent services.
Tip/bonus is always appreciated.
Good bye :)