Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have hereditary sensory motor type 1..it has recently had

I have hereditary sensory motor type 1..it has recently had a down turn and the pain in my feet is horrific..I've always had a Lot of pain and deal with it quite well,but I'm starting to struggle.the balls of my feet are the worse,they're swollen,hot and basically horrendous pain wise.Im on pregablin 300s twice a day,and have just started on amitriptyline 10mg..to be increased fortnightly,also I take cocodamol..im still in agony!is there an operation I could have to replace the balls of my feet with silicon..I'm desperate.thankyou
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Have you considered nerve blocks?

do you smoke?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no,they have never been mentioned to me before,i don't know what they are?

Basically they inject medicine in the back or leg to calm the nerves that are causing this pain

It is kind of a last resort option but it might work

I would see a pain management specialist or neurologist for this

ask about nerve blocks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

would nerve blocks affect my muscles more though?..the muscles in my legs are quite weak,and the disease has started to affect my hands too,though that is bareable at the moment.thankyou

No it would not

the muscles can still work fine

physio might help your muscles get stronger
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok great,i`ll ask my specialist tomorrow.i was doing physio exercise everyday,but since the pain got so bad ive not been able to do them,so I am eager to ease the pain so I can get back to them.Thankyou for your help.

you're welcome

would you mind rating positive for me?

I appreciate it
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)