Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Small lesion on side of tongue.did have white onit, but that

Small lesion on side of tongue.did have white onit, but that has now gone and just left the lesion which is a pink, brown colour.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--would it be possible for you to post a photo on this page?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Too old to know how to take photo and send.I am only able to do a limited amount on my iPad. Appreciate it may be difficult when you haven't seen the offender.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
No problem Phyllis. Are you saying this comes and then completely goes away? Can you more fully describe the lesion for me?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It comes and goes but not completely away, always leaves a small bump, which doesn't change colour. I feel, as I am a very tense person that much of it is caused by my clamping my tongue in my teeth, and also a vary tense mouth with tongue always pushed against teeth any help?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
I see Phyllis. Is it ever somewhat clear like a small blister?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Phyllis First off, I don't think this is anything serious like cancer. It could well be just that part of your tongue pressing against your teeth that's causing the problem. I think however it's just a slightly enlarged taste bud on your tongue, also know as hypertrophy of a papilla. Just for completeness' sake here, I would refer you to an ear, nose, and throat specialist--an orolaryngologist--just to take a look at it