Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My daughter in law has had two brain Haemorrhages, the first

My daughter in law has had two brain Haemorrhages, the first aged 14yrs. The second aged 34yrs pius a stroke. The dr's described the blood vessels as "like a bunch of grapes at the base of the brain which can rupture at any time". In hospital she was operated on, & had the suspect vessels glued to prevent them rupturing further.Now aged 48 I notice her gait is worsening & she stumbles quite a lot.We accept these conditions, But as a family worry a lot about her mental state,Is her personality affected by the state of the brain? As she is aging she has become a nasty person & has battles with her daughter, & husband, & has become very distant towards me, where we used to be great friends. My son called down to see me yesterday saying he intends seeking a divorce as he can't tolerate her "moods" any more. I do hope you can offer some advice for me as I don't wish to see my family go through this. Thank you in anticipation. Mrs Vivienne XXXXXX

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

I am sorry about your daughter.

Dr. David :

yes pressure and hemorrhage in the brain can cause personality changes.

Dr. David :

sometimes steroid medications can help decrease swelling and pressure in the brain.

Dr. David :

she might benefit from antisizure medications or mood stabilizing medications to help decrease her mood swings.

Dr. David :

what medications is she taking now?

Dr. David :

hello?

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"Customer:

Thank you Dr. David for answering my question. At the moment my daughter in law doesn't take any medication as she is afraid it will mean returning to hospital. I intend giving this information to my son when I see him on Wednesday,& having this information may be able to convince her to speak to their family practitioner. Yours gratefully. V XXXXXX

Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
best of luck to you and her

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Expert:  dianne-cssm replied 3 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] justanswer. co. uk and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/8hcrq-daughter-law-two-brain-haemorrhages-first.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.