Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Hello I am a 26 year old male and I have been having a few

I am a 26 year old male and I have been having a few aches which have concerned me slightly. I smoke once or twice a day.

My main concern is in the dead centre of my chest where it feels very slightly tight. It doesn't affect my breathing, I'm not out of breath and it doesn't hurt unless I bend my head down. On two occasions in the past 2 days I have had a heart ache in a very particular spot.

There is also a similar but lesser ache in the same position as my chest but on my back.
On top of this I have been having an ache between 2 of my ribs on the right hand side but that has lessened considerably and is almost non-existent now although if I press the area I can still feel it but i'm sure constantly pressing it doesnt help.
Furthermore I have had noticeable aches from below my ribs on my back on both the left and right side although again it seems to come and go although it has felt quite sharp on my left hand side today and has been felt more towards the side and front also.

I am not one to go running to the doctors over anything but these are all pretty new to me and have come and gone over the last few weeks. I feel the best when I first wake up but as the day goes on I can feel the aches more and more.

Potentially unrelated: A few weeks ago I had a quite excruciating pain in one of my testicles which I have never felt before and havent felt since. It lasted for a good 10 minutes.

I returned 6 months ago after nearly 3 years away travelling where I spent most of my time in South East Asia and India. I got all my vaccines before hand but I' aware there are plenty of other things I was covered for in case it is relevant.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

At your age with the smoking it is actually most likely stomach/esophagus related

smoking increases risk of acid/ulcers.

I would definitely see a doctor and have at least an EKG run to check the heart.

So overall, unlikely to be your heart but it needs checked
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for you reply. Would this also explain the aches I have had on my left hand side below my rib?

Yes it would. Absolutely
I appreciate the goodrating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)