Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I vomited last night which seemed to be because of a really

Customer Question

I vomited last night which seemed to be because of a really bad headache, and although not felt well in the daytime they been no nausea and felt hungry eating normally. However about half hour ago i started feel like i may start being sick again, is this linked to period as it day 6 of it or what is it....... not really had other symptoms apart from generally feeling unwell and headachy
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Any fever or neck stiffness? How are you feeling sick right now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no fever, or neck stiffness -- and yes feeling sick now

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Imi--have you had headaches like this before?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ive sufferd from migraines since i was teenager, but not really sufferd from nausea just at night before

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK. This could be from your period but if you haven't had it before with your period it might not be. I worry a bit about a severe headache with nausea if that's not usual for someone, but this still might just be the onset of the flu. If it's the flu, zinc lozenges and vitamin C along with rest will help a lot but since I can't examine you I strongly suggest that you have a doctor take a look here. My only concern is it might be meningitis (but without a fever that isn't likely) or it could be a bleeding in your brain so if the headache comes back I'd get an MRI of your brain.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

im scared go sleep incase im sick, anything do to avoid it? do try to be sick but didnt happen should i force it so it over with?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
You can try some tea and toast for now and if you have access to Dramamine that could help. Don't try to force yourself to vomit and if you go to bed, put pillows under your head in case you do vomit after you fall asleep