DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I bent down on sunday to put something away and as I got up

Customer Question

I bent down on sunday to put something away and as I got up a sudden sharp pain ran through the bottom of my spine. I was unable to straighten up at all. I managed to crawl to the settee but I found any movement really difficult. it is now Tuesday and I although I am almost straightened up now. I am still in pain and cannot walk properly. I am walking like a very slow cowboy. the bottom of my back is quite warm and I gave a constant nagging ache and pain.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
You need to go to your doctor or the hospital.

Although this is most likely muscle spasm, it can also be a disc problem in the spine.

Muscle relaxers and pain meds are needed, along with the correct physical therapy as indicated by examination.

If there are more problems, MRI of the lower spine is needed, to see if there is a surgical issue.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].