DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am in the middle of treatment for a redundant crown. A temporary

I am in the middle of treatment for a redundant crown. A temporary bridge was to be made and fitted this afternoon after the removal of the offending tooth, with a view to further final treatment (implant or whatever suitable) I have been referred on to this particular private dentist from my own because she does not do this. 2 hours before the appointment they rang to say the bridge was not back: they thought it had been checked off as back but it was actually still at the lab. I insisted that they should sort an appointment at my convenience therefore. There was a disagreement in which the dentist inferred I was not his patient (though he had recently carried out an apicectomy on the tooth - the start of the treatment). He said he did not have to do this, but an appointment WAS made to carry on. I feel completely let down. The questions are a) to what extent am I not his patient, since I am paying him b) (and more importantly) if I let him proceed next week can he turn round and refuse to treat me further? I will finish the treatment if possible, but I won't return afterwards!
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Clearly, you are his patient for the work he is doing.
Saying you are not is foolish.

Secondly, he can refuse to treat you, but he would have to bear the cost of the work done, anything paid by his office that is.....and certainly could not charge you.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].