Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

HI I have a pain in my right jaw that spreads to head for the

Customer Question

HI I have a pain in my right jaw that spreads to head for the last few days it comes and goes mostly in the evening I dont think its a proble with my teeth what could it be
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.

Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

Jaw pain is usually pain from your temporamandibular joint. It can be due to injury or grinding your teeth at night. It can also occur for no known reason. It is treated with antiinflammatory medication like ibuprofen. Be aware that jaw pain can also be a symptom of ischemic heart disease or heart attack. While you are very young for this, its important not to ignore the possibility.