Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425
Medical

Hello, my HDL cholesterol is 3.1, LDL 2.1 -ratio of total chol.

To HDL is 1.7. My... Show More
To HDL is 1.7. My blood pressure is 118/82. Is this ok or should I look at my diet? Thank you
Show Less
replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .

Your lipid profile & readings are evaluated as follows:

1.HDL level above 1.5 mmol/L is considered best.Your HDl level of 3.1 is very good.There is nothing of concern.

2.LDL levels should be below 2.6. Your level of 2.1 is very good and there is nothing of concern here.

3.According to the American Heart Association, the goal is to keep your cholesterol ratio 5-to-1 or lower. An optimum ratio is 3.5-to-1.Your levels of 1.7 are within normal limits.

4.The range of systolic blood pressure for most healthy adults falls between 90 and 120 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). Normal diastolic blood pressure ranges between 60 and 80 mm Hg.Your blood pressure of 118/82 is within normal range.There is no issues here.

So botXXXXX XXXXXne is all your values-LDL,HDL,cholesterol & blood pressure are within normal limits.There is nothing of concern.

There is no need of major change in your diet.Just maintain your weight.Do regular exercise.Cut out the trans fatty acids.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Dr. Robert, Doctor replied 3 years ago.
Hi JA customer

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Is there anything else you would like to know?

Let me know,
Dr.Robert