Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

i have been told that i need beta blockers and rimath something

i have been told that i need beta blockers and rimath something to give my heart a rest but i have good blood pressure my heart rate is fine so i do not understand why i do not to take these tablets because of side effects i have enough tu deal with as i have a condition called myotonic dystrophy i cannot walk very well because i lose my balance also i have asthma take ventolin also thyroxine is there an alternative thankyou jenny
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jenny. Why exactly does your heart need a rest? Can you tell me exactly what your doctor said about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i had a heart scan in march and the nurse told there no change in my heart from the year before so shocked they want to put me on medication but i wanting to know if there is an alternative i have phoned tthe specialists secretary asking for more infomation last friday but no answer his nsme is mr garner but it was one ofhis team saw me then she went to see him who told to put me onthe medication he never even came to see me

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
I understand. So as far as you know there's nothing wrong with your heart?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thankyou for your answer this is how i feel coz i do not have palpitationssor dizziness

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK--I understand now Jenny. The alternatives to the medications would be to avoid any caffeine or alcohol and to take Omega 3 fatty acids, CoQ 10, and magnesium supplements. That said, if you decide to take those supplements instead of the medications you should first let your doctor know about your decision