Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have deep open lines on the tip of my tongue for few days

Customer Question

I have deep open lines on the tip of my tongue for few days now, and some small white spots on the site walls of my tongue,fells sore and burning? I was on the master cleanse detox for a three weeks and come of it 10 days ago, on monday i have sore throat for one day, by tuesday no pain in my throat but i have a problem with my tongue since tuesday? went to chemist and been advised to try Gengigel and mouth wash including vitamin B50. Can you advise, thank you
Elena
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

the sore and burning on the tongue can be from acid reflux up your esophagus

Dr. David :

do you have a history of acid reflux?

Dr. David :

Gengigel Gel is a biological mouth and gum care gel based on hyaluronic acid

Dr. David :

are you brushing your teeth and flossing and caring for your teeth on a daily basis.

Dr. David :

you need to brush your teeth twice a day and floss your teeth once a day to keep away bacteria in your mouth.

Dr. David :

I have to see a patient right now.

Dr. David :

I'll be right back

Customer:

Not really, but a while ago my GP give me something for acid reflux? I was drinking wine last saturday , but i have a problem with my lover gum since tuesday, brushing and rinsing 2 a day, every day,but my tongue is a problem

Dr. David :

I see.

Dr. David :

do you have gingivitis of your lower gums?

Dr. David :

this can cause increased bacteria in your mouth.

Dr. David :

the antibiotic mouth rinse can help with thisl

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--I'm a different expert and I don't think this is a reflux problem. It sounds as though you may have thrush--a yeast infection of the tongue--and that will take either nystatin mouthwash or oral difulcan as a tablet. You may also have a vitamin B 12 deficiency so you should have your doctor check for that
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do i need to my doctor if nothing change by monday? Thank you

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Yes you do but for now you can continue with the gel and the mouthwash you've been using. Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you on this answer
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.