How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Dr. Hasan Your Own Question

Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8496
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Hasan is online now

I had an implant 9 days ago. I have had great pain and it is

Resolved Question:

I had an implant 9 days ago. I have had great pain and it is infected. Yesterday I was given penicillin, and the dentist took some pus from my gum. But the dentist could not fine the non-soluble stitches he put in. I consequence I still have pain and some-though less -swelling.I am worried about the stitches still in situ
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but you may ask anything later on. You don't need to worry about the non-absorbable sutures. There are many cases where we put such sutures in the body and we never remove them. They don't cause any harm to our body. Non-absorbable sutures remain at there place of insertion when the tissues around them are healthy, since in your case there was abscess formation and the tissues were no longer healthy, the stitches got out from the area of insertion. The stitch may have got displaced from the implant or it might have slipped deep inside but in either case you don't need to be stressed because it will not harm you in anyway rather the attempt to find it will be more harmful. As far your pain and swelling is concerned, you have to wait for next 48 hours to expect some results from the antibiotic. It is too early to expect a response from penicillin in such cases. If you are better than before then you are doing good. I hope this helps you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Dr. Hasan, Thank you for your reply. I thought it might have been the stitches that have caused the infection, my dentist is entirely non-communicative.As suggested, I will wait 48 hours to see if the antibiotic is working. However, the dentist said he had never seen this in an implant before,so is it at all likely the implant is being rejected, or is it more likely that it is some straightforward infection that just happened. I realise that you can only submit an opinion on the basis that you cannot see the problem. Many thanks

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
You are most welcome. The stitch is not likely to cause this infection. If you give my honest opinion, we can't say anything for sure right now because time will tell the story. If antibiotics control the infection, there are fair chances that graft will take up but if they don't then chances of rejection are there. But there is one thing I can say with confidence that chances of rejection are 30%, the chances of take up of graft are 70% so don't get stressed. Keep using your antibiotics and use if you have been given a mouth wash. If not then get any over the counter available mouthwash to prevent further infection. My best wishes and prayers are for you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8496
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Dr. Hasan and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

What Customers are Saying:

 
 
 
  • I feel so much better today, and upon further investigation believe that there is a chance that the responses I got saved me FROM a serious, even life threatening situation. I am very grateful to the experts who answered me. Susan O.
< Previous | Next >
  • I feel so much better today, and upon further investigation believe that there is a chance that the responses I got saved me FROM a serious, even life threatening situation. I am very grateful to the experts who answered me. Susan O.
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
 
 
 

Meet The Experts:

 
 
 
  • Family Physician

    Family Physician

    Doctor

    Satisfied Customers:

    2418
    GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
< Previous | Next >
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/FA/FamilyPhysician/2013-8-31_191624_JA550x500Photo.64x64.jpg Family Physician's Avatar

    Family Physician

    Doctor

    Satisfied Customers:

    2418
    GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/DO/DoctorRich/2012-9-12_72454_Doctorweb.64x64.jpg Dr. Natasha's Avatar

    Dr. Natasha

    Doctor

    Satisfied Customers:

    7887
    American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine, Ivy League trained
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/DR/DrK99/newpic2.64x64.jpg Dr. K.'s Avatar

    Dr. K.

    Board Certified MD

    Satisfied Customers:

    255
    Board certified with experience in primary care.
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/agketch/2008-7-14_184046_drketchresized.jpg Dr. Ketch's Avatar

    Dr. Ketch

    Board Certified Physician

    Satisfied Customers:

    76
    Medical Degree, Former Assistant Professor at School of Medicine at Yale University
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/JA/JACUSTOMERjtu60wne/2011-2-14_183449_passportphoto2.64x64.jpg docwithheart's Avatar

    docwithheart

    Board Certified Physician

    Satisfied Customers:

    0
    Board certified pediatrician, with special experience in general pediatrics, hospital pediatrics, and pediatric cardiology
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/DR/drappapo/2013-8-16_22576_drdavid.64x64.jpg Dr. David's Avatar

    Dr. David

    Board Certified Physician

    Satisfied Customers:

    224
    Treat children/young adults, former chief resident, multiple publications
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/TA/tazechip/2012-6-7_135230_drpic.64x64.png Dr. Chip's Avatar

    Dr. Chip

    Board Certified Physician

    Satisfied Customers:

    12373
    20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
 
 
 

Related Medical Questions